Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's Good

Sometimes, when I fall particularly far behind. I find it hard to get moving again. That's what has happened. I've fallen and rolled in the pile for a bit but I've taken a bath and am now ready for a fresh start. That's life, and it's good.

Time seems to evaporate right under my nose. I can't explain it only to say that I've come up against this a few times. For goodness sake, my blog url is "making the time". Indeed, time is precious and there is precious little of it. That's life, and it's good.

I must confess to feeling a bit of extra energy on this day. Just concluded an invigorating and memorable meeting with ad agency types at the local pub. Great spot for a meeting - over beer-battered Digby scallops and fries. That's life, and it's good.

At any rate, since I last spent a bit of time here - Sam, my 3rd of 4 sons turned 9 years old. Tomorrow (Saturday), my wife and I celebrate 22 years of marriage. It's a short time and a long time all at once. That's life, and it's good.

Interestingly, TheRunningWife and I have been invited to take part in a roundtable youth event this evening about marriage and
family and relationships. It's one of those things that a person cannot specifically prepare for. In a sense, I suppose I've been preparing for it for 22 + years. That's life, and it's good.

Have a great weekend.

12 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

happy anniversary and happy birthday to your son! glad things have been going well :o)

Backofpack said...

Congratulations on 22 years together and on the beautiful family you've built! I have a feeling life is going to be even busier for your for a few years to come - such is the nature of life with a houseful of kids. Life is good and I'm glad you recognize it.

Marlene said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great weekend for it.

Anonymous said...

Aw, it is good! Happy Anniversary!

Sonia said...

Good to get some news! Happy Anniversary to the wife and you =)

You still planning on running BLuenose full?

Legs and Wings said...

Thanks for your kindness.

Sonia - still planning for it. I haven't pulled the trigger and registered yet for the race.

Thanks

Darrell said...

Life is good! Trying to keep up with it all can be a challenge.

Happy Anniversary. 22 years is quite the accomplishment.

iJuls said...

Well put. Life *is* precious. It's good.

Anne said...

Congratulations on your son's birthday and your wedding anniversary. I get asked about staying married for "such a long time" and my first comment is to tell them that 22 years isn't long when measured over a lifetime. Then again, compared to the people we were in 1986, a lot has changed. Hope you and Victoria enjoy another full 22 years and then some.

I Run for Fun said...

Happy anniversary and birthday to your son!

Unknown said...

Belated congratulations on 22 years of marriage. I hope you had a great anniversary.

Scott McMurtrey said...

yeah, life is good.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin