Saturday, March 15, 2008

Life is a Highway

I relate well to the imagery of the open road. One of my new favourite expressions is “For every mile of road there’s a mile of ditch”. Plain, simple, yet sprinkled with a breath of caution. One day I know I'll use this one when my kids tell me they’re heading out on some crazy adventure. Every highway is like an open invitation. Every stretch is different: rough, wide, narrow, hilly, snow-packed, fog- shrouded, dark, lonesome, winding, forgotten, treacherous or all of the aforementioned. Faith will get you through. Step forward. What will you discover?

4 comments:

24/7...and other stories said...

I like the roads that lead to the ocean!!!!

Downhillnut said...

Remember that there can also be stretches of sunny, scenic, mountainous, green tree-lined, or gorgeously frosty, rolling vistas of beauty and goodness on the way to their adventures.

Oh, and remind them to watch for runners and cyclists on the shoulder...

Legs and Wings said...

All very good and all pretty common around here enroute to the ocean.

Thanks!

Darrell said...

Finally got you back up on by bloglines. I knew I was missing something.

That same road leads to adventure, potential and fulfillment. No doubt that faith plays a major role in the journey.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin