Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Behold Our Leader

Premier Rodney MacDonald wants David Lettermen to bring the “Late Night” to Nova Scotia. This clip is a few months old now but still fun to watch. I bet Sarah will dig this! Dave will not bring the show to NS but he may visit himself someday.



The Premier is an accomplished player. Here he is sans the tie.



Fiddle and piano or fiddle, guitar, piano and pipes – there are dozens of variations on the theme but the music is heard every weekend in small town community halls. Some refer to it as the ‘music of Cape Breton’. It’s not only music but dance…step dancing and highland dance. It is not everywhere but it is an important piece of the history of Nova Scotia something that has been nurtured for at least 200 years.

Who are some of the more popular Nova Scotia musicians you may know? I won’t list off the names because it would take too long. How about 2 or 3? Anne Murray, Hank Snow, Sarah McLachlan, The Cusack Boys. Ha!

1 comment:

Backofpack said...

I am awed by your boys and their music. Wouldn't it be cool if Letterman came and put them on the show?

I read your comment, and I don't get it. I've been thinking on it forever, so if you have a clue for me -share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin