Thursday, July 30, 2009

Progress

I'm going to finish out another week of running to and from work. I can definitely feel a difference over last week - an improvement. I'm stronger, more fluid and more confident. Some cool stuff is happening - one of the guys at work shakes my hand every morning when I arrive. He tells me that I'm inspiring him to run again. There's nothing much better than being a positive inspiration. So, I feel great for all kinds of reasons.

It has been tougher this week in some respects. It's been hot and humid on the south shore of Nova Scotia. By hot, I mean 30 C or 86 F. It doesn't often get much hotter than that in these parts. It also poured buckets the other morning...it caused me to laugh a few times - not that there's anything particularly funny about running in a downpour.

I've got a busy weekend - the kids play The Mahone Bay Classic Boat Festival twice tomorrow (Friday) with "Slow Cooking Cover" and as the Cusack Boys. Saturday, we're off to V's annual family reunion in New Brunswick. Wow. Lots of driving and fun. I'll sprinkle in a few photos when we're back.

Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you and the family will make some great memories this weekend. Congratulations on the second week. We never know who's watching us, do we?

Unknown said...

Way to be an inspiration, Robb!

Darrell said...

Hey, if Bing can sing in the rain, you can laugh. It's like being a kid again.

Thomas said...

30 C is hot. I don't think I've ever experienced that kind of temperature in Ireland. As much as I love running, I can't imagine doing it at that heat.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin